Art and Design
Chamomile Class are learning about Dinosaurs this half term and have created these amazing pieces of art work focusing on Dinosaur eyes. They did line drawings using a range of different mediums.
The rationale and intent behind our Art and Design curriculum
At Norton In Hales Primary School we aim to deliver an Art and Design curriculum that helps pupils gain a coherent knowledge and understanding of Art and Design skills.
- We believe that Art and Design engagement displays high forms of creativity
- We aim to foster an enjoyment and engagement in the Arts and challenge pupils to think creatively.
- Our high quality Arts and Design curriculum engages, inspires and challenges the pupils.
- It equips them with knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own pieces of work.
- It helps pupils to think critically and express opinions through studying their own, peers and artists’ pieces of work
- Through Art and Design, children will learn how the subject has shaped history and how it contributes to the culture, creativity and wealth of our country.
We believe that Art and Design is a vital foundation subject and are working towards the Artsmark to ensure this area of the curriculum is as strong and valued as possible. As part of this process we aim to engage with artists from the community and wider afield. We hold arts weeks and special events in school throughout the year to enrich our art and design delivery.
Year six children took part in a willow sculpture workshop led by Artist Sarah Gallagher to create our school flowers. The children were able to use the willow to experience the fluidity of willow that can’t be matched; it can twist and bend and turn to be reworked into whatever shape desired; the children were literally drawing with sticks. Summer 2020